Noey scared the living daylights out of me. She has no fear and wants to do whatever Emma does. I had to run around and under and over the playground equipment...to get to her when I felt she was in danger of falling. I also had to help her get up on things that she wouldn't have been able to do otherwise.
Emma was adventuresome at this age, but not like Noelle.
They were both very, very serious about their playtime and it was hard to get a smile on any of the photos.
I was able to take some pretty great shots of the girls, even though I hardly had time to snap a picture. Note the photo of Noelle at the bottom of the twisty slide. Yikes! She went right for that slide (she had been down it before per Wayne) and went to the very top of the play structure as I held my breath, knowing that she was "on" the slide and in no danger of falling out, just had to slide down. I had my camera pointed and all ready for that moment when she would emerge from the slide with a big smile on her face, right side up! Well, uh, not quite. I snapped the photo, gasped when I realized what I had just taken a photo of and ran to her. She was not crying, not phased. Ready to go on to something else, while Mama needed a good stiff drink. ;D This was on Friday.
Today (Saturday the 25th) Noelle was napping as I worked at my job and watched her on the monitor. Wayne and Emma were up in her room. I saw Noey sit up and start to whimper, so I called up the stairs that she was awake. I then sat back down at my desk and watched and listened as Emma kept yelling "Noey! Noey!" and then saw Emma jump up on the bed and put her arm around Noelle and kiss her on the cheek. It truly brought tears to my eyes. We are getting there. There is great love underneath all of that sibling rivalry drama.
Emma choosing to relax while Noey does a little Tai Chi to unwind. Hehe.

















No comments:
Post a Comment