I was the second child in our family - in fact I was the middle-of-the-sandwich child. My aunt told me I got lost in the shuffle. I have an older sister, then me and then twin sisters after me (attention grabbers) and then of course the boy. I am the classic middle child. I am the only one who moved away from home - I wanted to find my niche I guess as I felt kinda overlooked in a way growing up. However, I was the musical one and Mom and Grandma loved that - I did have a special place but I didn't know it then.
Noelle will be the younger child, not middle child, thankfully. However, already I am thinking okay Emma can still wear her Easter dress from last year and Noelle can wear Emma's dress from when she was 2. A lot of hand-me-downs for Noelle through the next 3 or 4 years until Noelle figures out what is going on and doesn't want to wear hand-me-downs anymore. I will buy new for Noelle but not nearly as much of course than Emma got.
When I started the 100 Good Wishes Quilt for Emma, the squishes poured in through the mail. With Noelle I haven't seen a one. I do understand that everyone is busy but it does bother me for Noelle. I would like to get almost as many good wishes for her as with Emma.
SO, if you all do not want to send a fabric square too (but I am hoping you will want to for this sweet little girl), please at least post a good wish here on her blog site. I will find a fabric square to go with it. The good wish is of course more important than the fabric square.
Thank you! It would mean a lot to me to know that Noelle is being thought of.
I am also making a 100 wishes quilt, and I would like to contribute to yours. Where do I send the fabric and good wish?
ReplyDeleteChristina, I wish I had the time to mail you a fabric square, but am SO busy getting ready to leave for China.
ReplyDeleteHere is my good wish:
Noelle,
I wish you happiness and love all the days of your life, but most importantly I pray that you come to know Jesus, which will make all the difference. Blessings, Angela
Thank you Angela. I love your good wish. If I could have ONE wish only for Noelle and Emma, it would be that they have a great faith in the Lord, their God. I will be following your journey and am so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteChris, I'd love to send a square but we won't be getting back until mid- March. Would that be okay? Here is our wish for Noelle...
ReplyDeleteMay you grow up secure in the knowledge that this path has been chosen for you by the Lord. Life in China would have been different, in some ways better and in some ways worse. But for some reason, the Lord has chosen this family for You, this life for You. It must mean that there are great things for you here. Use the gifts you have been given to make the world a better place! (That's a big charge for a little girl, but not an impossible one!)
With all our love to you and your family,
Mark, Kristi, Maria and Teresa Kremer
These good wishes are so sweet, they are truly making me cry! Thank you so much Kristi and Mark and girls for your good wish for Noelle - I know she will treasure the good wishes she has been given through the years. A fabric square when you get home is perfectly fine. Emma's quilt was not totally finished until Emma had been home for a few months. I think with Noelle's unfortunately it may be 2 years! :( Enjoy your last weeks in Thailand and the Lunar New Year celebrations!
ReplyDeleteAnd again, your good wish is what I want for our daughters also - that they know there is a reason/a purpose for their lives and that they have a great faith in God and His plan as they go through their respective lives.
ReplyDelete