IF YOU WANT TO VIEW AND LISTEN TO A VIDEO THAT I HAVE POSTED, SCROLL DOWN TO THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND PAUSE THE MUSIC ALREADY PLAYING BY CLICKING ON THE STOP BUTTON (TWO VERTICAL LINES).

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Noey in a Nutshell

I am trying to jot down little tidbits about this girl - don't have have time to make this post "pretty" - will post oodles of photos of our "No-No" or "Noey" soon!

All about Noey:

- she loves to eat
- she is a supreme napper but the nights are still punctuated with a few awakenings and calming her down
- she is teething big time - back bottom and upper molars coming in
- she has Giardia (from China water I am sure) and is being treated for that
- she is very funny and happy
- she can throw herself on the ground and pout with the best of 'em
- she is having her own issues with sibling rivalry along with her big sis
- she is attaching and bonding wonderfully
- she favors me over Wayne - about 70/30 I would say - typical in that she wants her mommy when tired, hurt, etc.
- she has not said one word we can understand yet - Chinese maybe?  jibberish?  she is trying (update:  She has said a couple of words now - she also says "Mama" a lot with emphasis on the second syllable and I do not think she is actually referring to me but believe she is learning that I am "Mama" now)
- she does not like books at all - boring!!  but I realized why - she cannot understand a word we are saying!
- she is busy-busy and can find something interesting in everything
- she loves kisses and will lean in to me again and again as I am holding her so I can shower her with more
- Wayne swears she is left-handed as she favors that hand a lot, but I am not convinced (yet)
- she does not like most vegetables (only mashed sweet potatoes) and it is obvious she did not have many of these in the orphanage - she does love fruits and dairy and bready things - also chicken and fishsticks
- she can down an 8 ounce bottle in about 2 minutes flat and she loves her bottle
- she seems to love Hoda and Kathie Lee already - when I watch my taped shows, she is glued with me
- she is not much into any other TV - cartoons, etc.  She would rather play with her toys.  Yay!  Of course her attention span at this age is nil.  lol
- she does not like one single thing in her hair much to my dismay - I will keep trying though!  ;D
- she weighs 20 pounds and is 31 inches tall - she weighed 20 pounds in China also and weighed 19.5 at the doc office here and now is back up to 20 pounds
- she screams bloody murder at the doc when a doctor or nurse comes near her!  :(
- but...she calms quickly when Wayne or I take her - that is a  very good thing!
- she will point to the TV when an Asian female is shown and say "something"
- she is very easy going unless she is tired or hungry and then watch out!
- she shared her food with us a few days after having her in China - another good sign - this child knows how to love and be loved by being demonstrative
- she makes fantastic eye contact.
- she does not like to be rocked (sigh) but she loves to be "rocked" to sleep with the person who is rocking her standing up - obviously that is what she is used to but she is obviously used to being held
- she does love being rocked in the rocker if she is very, very tired - she will get there!
- she is WHIP SMART even with the huge language barrier - just watching her play tells me this
- her smile changes her whole countenance - she glows
- she is cuter than a bug
- the cats and the dog do not phase her in the least - she is interested in them, but not overly so
- she has no unusual things that she does such as head banging, etc. which I am so thankful for - a lot of orphanage children have some of these habits - self soothing - Noey does do something with her mouth and teeth - a clicking sound - when she is falling asleep - I will take it!
- Noey acts like she has been here forever and seems so very happy - as if she is telling us with her eyes and face "Thank you for adopting me and getting me out of the orphanage." 
- she is having a BALL living with us - she is one happy camper
- she is a goer - loves to climb - loves to just GO - keeps us on our toes
- Noey loves bananas - devours them
- Noey's first word was quietly mouthing Eh Ma  - her second word that we clearly recognized was "bubble" while in the bathtub on April 18

Oh and did I mention she is cuter than a bug?  A China beauty with a uniqueness all her own, just like her Vietnamese sister.  :D

1 comment: