IF YOU WANT TO VIEW AND LISTEN TO A VIDEO THAT I HAVE POSTED, SCROLL DOWN TO THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND PAUSE THE MUSIC ALREADY PLAYING BY CLICKING ON THE STOP BUTTON (TWO VERTICAL LINES).

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Two More Days

...and we head for home.  I can't remember what photos I have posted and what I haven't by looking at my files here on the laptop but don't have time to look.  I will post missed photos when we get home IF I have time then.  I started thinking about the home situation a few days ago - Wayne without a job - me having to work 35 to 40 hours a week.  I will not be a happy camper but I am going to have to make the best of it.  Please pray that Wayne will find work soon.  I have asked to change my work scheduled so I can be available at bedtime for the girls.  Wayne has never gotten Emma to bed at a decent hour and that has always bugged me, but I couldn't really do anything about it other than nag because I was working at my computer almost every night.  I will NOT allow this baby girl to get to bed late.  Wayne has a real problem with "time" and doesn't know how to just "move" to get things done.  Maybe it is a man thing, but honestly I think it is Wayne sadly :(.

We go to the consulate tomorrow morning and that is the final paperwork end of things.  We will apply for our visas out of the country with Noey.  The day after that we will leave for the train station at 2 p.m. and the train leaves around 4.  We will arrive in Hong Kong by 6 I believe.  Hopefully enough time (if we aren't too exausted) to hit the streets of Hong Kong just to see it - I have seen photos and it is amazing.

My cold knocked the wind out of me for 2 to 3 days.  I am just now starting to recover but now have that tickle thing going and the coughing that almost makes you gag.  Not pretty.  So we skipped a group dinner tonight because of it.  I didn't want to gross the other families out.  They have all been very nice about asking me how I am feeling and offering me medicine - the Chinese have offered me hot water (in  a store) and tonight in a wonderful Chinese restaurant here within the hotel, one of the wait staff (female) had me drink hot pear water.  We take pills and they heal the holistic way - the eastern medicine way - which is truly better in a lot of ways than western medicine.

We are going to eat at McDonald's for lunch tomorrow and then get the girls to nap (and hopefully me but doubtful) and the we are going to just go on our own to a temple and out to Shaiman Island - Nancy and all they have changed this also - we had Noey's physical done here in the city this morning.  We want to see the island and to shop a bit more for trinkets for Emma's teachers and classmates - plus gifts for those who have helped us at home while we have been away.

Wayne did already go to the McDonald's tonight to get 2 ice cream sundaes.  He was propositioned twice by 2 gals of the evening.  One on the way to McD's and the other on the way back - it is just across the hotel driveway.  Very nice area but there are a lot of Americans here (not just for adoption) and European men.  Wayne wasn't going to tell me but if he hadn't I would have been more mad.  Maybe a lot of you don't know how prevalent the sex trade is in Asian countries, but it sadly is.  If I ever encounter another person who goes on about children being trafficked for adoption purposes, I will punch their lights out.  THAT is the least of our worries with child trafficking.  Of course it is horrible to market children to be bought and sold for any reason.

I'll get off my soapbox, post some photos and get to bed.

All-in-all this has been a wonderful journey but terribly exhausted for all of us and especially for me as I am the one who got really sick - haven't been this sick in years.  Noey is starting to cough a bit more but she had a cold when she came to us. 

Emma and I had a mama and daughter day out today and went to the pearl market with the group.  Wayne stayed at the hotel with Noey.  When we came back, Wayne and Noey were in the lobby and she was down walking around and Wayne said, "Who's that?" and pointed to us - Noey got giddy and silly.  She is already such a happy one with us and getting very attached especially to me - she wants me for sleep and mommy things but she does love Wayne and likes to play.

Emma is another story.  She is mad-mad-mad and even at one point she suggested taking Noelle back to the orphanage.  When I asked her if she wanted her to go back to that "sad" place, she said no.   Emma has been acting out - of course we know why - everything to get our attention.  We know all the things to do and believe me we are trying to handle the situation delicately but sometimes I just want to scream.   Emma wants Daddy to carry Noelle and me to carry her, for her to sit on my lap and Noey to sit on Wayne's lap, etc. etc.  I feel bad for Noelle but I do find time to give her a lot of attention also, much to Emma's dismay.  This, too, shall pass, right?  I just hope it is all good in the end. 

BTW Noey weighs 20 pounds!!   Emma weighs 26 pound and is twice as old.  I could tell that Noey was a solid little chunk because my back has been telling me so!  lol

Thank you all for your continued prayers.  I can't say enough how much it means.  Oh and after seeing Noelle's orphanage and seeing how happy she is now, there is not a doubt in my mind that we did the right thing by adopting another child.  Yes, I am a totally "spent" 52-year-old woman with 2 little ones, but so what?  I was talking with a young father in our group and telling him that I would do the math over and over in my head and "Wayne and I would be lucky to see these girls turn 30" and this young guy told me his mom died before he turned 30 but he wouldn't have had his life any other way - and that I hope is what Noey and Emma will feel also.   Getting teary here and wordy.....gotta get the photos on. 

Take care everyone!  We love you, too!  Noey and Emma will have a lot of wonderful aunties as they grow!!






















3 comments:

  1. I love love love Noelle's smile!!!! She is too flippin adorable!! And of course Emma is a gorgeous little girl also. Thanks for posting all those pictures. I have enjoyed seeing the girls and reading about your adventure. Don't worry Emma will be fine. She knows in her heart that her Mommy and Daddy love her to death. I'm also keeping you all in my prayers that Wayne finds a new job and you all settle into a happy home life. Have a very safe flight home! Much love to you all!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing the pictures and the one of Noelle's smile with Wayne is priceless. Emma will come around....she'll realize how much fun it will be to have a sister to play with. Feel better and safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...look at that baby smile!!! I bet this little giggle made it all worthwhile...all the waiting, all the worrying, all the travelling....and even that horrible dose of flu! Just moments...all passed. Now all the fun begins...now you have two beautiful girls! You are soooooo lucky! ....can't wait for the start of your American story and your adventures as a beautiful family of 4!
    Love to you all xxxx

    ReplyDelete