IF YOU WANT TO VIEW AND LISTEN TO A VIDEO THAT I HAVE POSTED, SCROLL DOWN TO THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND PAUSE THE MUSIC ALREADY PLAYING BY CLICKING ON THE STOP BUTTON (TWO VERTICAL LINES).

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May Day!! May Day!!


Sometimes this mommy wants to cry May Day!! - please help!  Let me tell you having 2 little ones is exhausting - not a minute to even have a thought in my head besides mommy thoughts.  It is frustrating at times, but Wayne and I signed on for this.  I guess the hardest thing for me (and I am not looking for kudos here, but sympathy perhaps - lol) is not having family around to help.  We also have no close friends here in town to help with coming over at the spur of the moment to watch the girls if we need that.  Wayne and I are 100% responsible for these kids 24/7.

This year I got it in my head I wanted to do May Baskets with the girls just as I did when I was a very little girl.  Not many people do May Baskets these days - many young moms have never even heard of such a thing.  We would put all sorts of candy in ours and fresh flowers that would wilt in a flash. I am guessing this will be the last generation to do May Baskets.  Someday Noelle and Emma will tell their children about this happy memory, but May Baskets will be a thing of the past.

I found a cute idea on the web for making paper flowers with candy taped onto them.  Since our neighbors don't know us from Adam (basically they don't know us well and vice versa), I thought one kind of candy and wrapped, would be the best way to go and who does't like Rolos?

I stayed up late prepping the May Baskets and Emma helped assemble them the next day.  Noey enjoyed tearing up a flower I gave to her especially for her enjoyment in that regard.  ;D  I hope to keep up this tradition for a few more years at least while the girls are really small. 

May Baskets are to celebrate the coming of summer - winter is over.  Also, if you get caught delivering a May Basket you will be kissed!   The girls were caught at one house but the older gentleman blew them a kiss and how sweet was that.  My Dad delighted in telling the story of how he chased a little neighbor girl all the way back to her house telling her he was going to kiss her.  ;D  These days, a man would be arrested for that!!  Ha!















1 comment:

  1. Despite your busy schedule, you sure do find the time to do fun and special things with the girls. Good for you and how lucky they are to have such a devoted, albeit sleepy, mom! :)

    ReplyDelete