A friend (and you know who you are and you are so sweet) in the adoption community flattered me by telling me that I was a "Supermom" what with the May baskets and panda bear cupcakes and working FT out of the home. It may look that way to some, but on facebook and my blog I only post snippets of my life with my 2 girls, the highlights. Most of the time it is the day-to-day and now that I am a mom I do know that it is the hardest job in all the world, but it is SO worth it. Every mom is a "supermom" who loves their child and does the best they can for them. My girls fight sometimes (okay a lot right now) and make me pull my hair out, there are Cheerios all over the floor and the dog is our vacuum cleaner, most meals are macaroni and cheese or fishsticks with a side of frozen (cooked) veggies, I quarrel with the girls' Daddy in front of them (very bad) and sometimes I just wish I could sit down in a chair without 2 little monkeys crawling all over me! ;D I guess if anyone is/was a "Supermom" it would be my Mom who I miss very much.
Happy Mother's Day all you "Supermoms!"
Most of my days are spent following 2 little girls around the house and then trying to get them to help clean up the aftermath of their "toddler tornado" with no thoughts in my head 24/7 except childcare issues. It is exhausting, it is every-day, it is mundane and exhilirating at the same time and it is downright wonderful. I am more than blessed by God to have been chosen to be the mommy of these 2 girls.
Facebook and this blog are definitely not real representations of my life completely!! Remember that! ;D
P.S. I am having a bugger of a time getting a good photo of Noey. She is always looking down - because she is always busy! She also does not yet know how to pose - probably cannot figure out what I am doing with this large black thing in front of my face, i.e. camera. Also her hair is an issue - cannot get it out of her face, off her forehead as she will not allow barrettes or headbands for any length of time. I will keep trying though as she is so cute and has an adorable smile - if only I could capture it more often. We hope to do professional photos soon of both girls.
Here Emma was being silly and making her sister laugh.
Caught a partial smile!
Emma serving up dinner.
The kitchen counter is a hot spot in our house.
Yes we do let these girls jump on our couch. We stand right there to catch Noey when she tumbles. For one thing, we never sit on our couches! And for another, people (my children) are more important than things. Who cares if the couches get dirty. Bah!
This child is ornery!!! She is so active and solid and strong. A future gymnast I am thinking. :D












One day at a time... that's all us working moms can do. The girls certainly look like they are happy despite cheerios that might be on the floor!
ReplyDelete