IF YOU WANT TO VIEW AND LISTEN TO A VIDEO THAT I HAVE POSTED, SCROLL DOWN TO THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND PAUSE THE MUSIC ALREADY PLAYING BY CLICKING ON THE STOP BUTTON (TWO VERTICAL LINES).

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA JEWELL (JIE JIE TO MEI MEI)!!!!

Tomorrow is Emma's birthday.  We already had a party in Summit County, Colorado with Emma's godfamily and for this birthday Emma went skiing for the very first time and she is quite the ski bunny.  Unlike the other children who were slipping and sliding and crossing their skis, Emma kept those skis in a perfect "French fry" position.  She needs to work on her "pizza" position but she definitely likes speed!  She is my heart walking outside my chest and to think I will soon love 2 little girls with this overwhelming love that only a mother feels for her child.    Happy birthday to my sweet daughter #1 - we ain't done partying and celebrating yet!  I can't wait to be singing happy birthday to two girls although I really hope Emma's mei mei's birthday will be in June or something - Decembers now are wild!  :D

 This year it was a Hello Kitty theme - all pink of course!


 Emma was totally thrilled with the Dora make-up kit that Aunt Marla sent her from Iowa.  She loves make-up now and has been sharing the bathroom mirror with me every chance she gets to put on make-up with Mommy.  Problem is she doesn't need make-up to look beautiful - I need make-up these days to just be presentable.  Note the frosting all over Emma's face. The carrot cake (bought) was delicious, but Emma only knew the frosting was good.  ;D

 On Emma's 3rd birthday it was all about Thomas the Tank Engine.  Times have sure changed!



 Her 2nd birthday party was held at our beautiful old house in EP.  What else for a 2-year-old but an Elmo theme!! 

Our gorgeous 1-year-old baby girl picking at her frosting - she didn't even hardly lick the frosting off her fingers - now she can't get enough frosting.  The girl loves sugar.  This party was just a light pink baby birthday.  I cannot get over that beautiful baby face of hers looking back at the photos.
***********************************************
It will be 2 weeks and we will see mei mei's face.  How old will she be?  What will she look like?  Will she be a petite little thing like Emma or more solid?  Will she have been in foster care or in an orphanage in China?  With Wayne out of a job many think we are crazy to adopt another at our ages.  Some are vocal to our face, some I know probably talk behind our backs.  We decided to "move heaven and earth" for this second adoption (and I am sure will keep having to do more of the same in the years to come) so these precious girls will have one another through life....long after we are gone.


I already love this little China dumpling that is to be my daughter, but as with Emma, I know the love for her will grow and grow and grow just as it has for Emma.  I describe the love as a kind of painful love (meaning loving her so much that I never want her to get hurt emotionally or physically and it pains me to think of leaving her sooner than I will wish - bittersweet to put it succinctly) - as my cousin Frank told me the highs will be higher and the lows will be lower and that is so true.  Life is in technicolor now.  Everything I do these days is solely for our family, for my daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment