Spent a good part of the night frantically and furiously filling out all the paperwork for our acceptance of Noelle's referral. Adopting is not for the faint of heart - a lot of red tape and unending piles of paperwork (well they do end at some point I guess). There is always that fear that somewhere along the line someone will say, "oops, sorry, you can't adopt this child." Until we brought Emma home, we were never sure and that is how I feel about Noelle.
On the acceptance form, we were just supposed to x a box that says we will accept or we won't. I wanted to put exclamation points after the "we will accept."
We will have to sign some papers in front of a notary tomorrow and then the paperwork will be Fed-Ex'd to CCAI in Denver and we will wait with bated breath for the approval to travel and the "okay."
I just cannot wait to heap all the love on this child that she so deserves.
This mommy is on a mission to bring this sweet girl home to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment