IF YOU WANT TO VIEW AND LISTEN TO A VIDEO THAT I HAVE POSTED, SCROLL DOWN TO THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND PAUSE THE MUSIC ALREADY PLAYING BY CLICKING ON THE STOP BUTTON (TWO VERTICAL LINES).

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Last Post to Share

With photography I get to "miss" 2 birds with one stone.  Hate the kill part.  :D  I get to be with my girls and enjoy them, plus I get to express myself through "art" via taking photographs and photoshopping (which is an art also I think).  I have always loved to take photos - you should see the containers full of photo albums from over the years.  My taking photos did not start with Emma and Noelle!  I am just so thankful for digital photography, otherwise I could never afford this hobby.  lol

Right now, I don't have time to dabble in any kind of art other than photography, although I used to do oil and acrylic painting and also I did machine quilting which I loved.  No time for any of that right now and it may be a few years before I even think about starting  to piece together the quilt top for Noelle's 100 Good Wishes Quilt. 

Here are some photos from the 4th.  Every now and then I accidentally get a fantastic photo that needs no photoshopping - but it is purely by accident.  I really have no idea what I am doing with my expensive camera in the way of settings, so it is high time to take a photography course I believe!  ;D  Maybe when I come back with a family blog one of these days, I will be a bit better with photography.  Hope so.


 On the bench outside of our house on the front lawn.  This seems to have become a prime photo-op spot although 4th of July morning the girls were tired and not cooperating.



 I love this photo. 

 This photo was photoshopped but again, I feel that is an art also.  AND good art is in the eye of the beholder for sure.



 When we got home from the parade and hot outside air,  it was "popsicles and pizza in panties" in a wonderful air-conditioned house, naps and then back to the carnival and fireworks.

 Noey has the most beautiful eyes.  In her write-up when we got her referral, they talked about her "crystalline" eyes.  You can see the huge difference in the girls' body habitus (medical transcription term FYI) - Emma is long and lean - Noey is stocky and built sturdy.  Emma seems so fragile to me.

The carnival was at the Greeley Stampede which is a longstanding tradition in these parts - people come from all the surrounding states to the parade and rodeo, etc.

 Emma just loves to ride the rides.  She hopped right in with these gals for the tea-cup ride - which she says was her favorite.  Both of the other little girls were SO sober - what was up with that?  I think they may have cracked a smile a few times during the ride - Emma was ALL smiles and laughing and having a great time.



 This photo and the next 2 - I see the future and it's terrifying!!!  My daughter in cars with boyriends and girlfriends.  Yikes.


 At least they have their eyes on the road and there is no texting going on.  lol


 Cotton candy is a must at a carnival!  Yum!   Noey is not much for sweet-sweet things quite yet - she will be I am certain, taking after her Mama unfortunately.  Maybe not.  Hope not!

 Emma and I rode the flying elephant ride last year also.  Fun but my stomach was a bit queasy after the ride.  I'm a lightweight these days when it comes to carnival rides.



 We got stuck on the midway so had to watch the fireworks from there which was really fun.  Emma did not like them at all so we had to watch as we left the place.  Noey was too tired to care but they didn't bother her a bit.



Good-bye everyone!!  For now!!

2 comments:

  1. Your girls are beautiful! I was SO good about updating our blog, during the adoption process, but I have been HORRIBLE since! I need to get it somewhat caught up. I have been a member of your blog for awhile, but it never showed up in my Google Reader, so I often was SO far behind reading it. Honestly, I just came across a FB message where Donna H and I were discussing your travels and how great it was to follow a family on their journey. I followed the link back in time to see you were signing off. Take care and I hope to hear from you from time to time.

    Our blog http://wehavebeenblessed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a great 4th of July. Cameron would be the somber kid on the ride. He loves them but he is so cautious with expressing his emotions when in a new setting. You have the cutest clothes and shoes for them! Loved the comments about riding in cars with boys (and girls). But, Cameron should be in that picture. Cameron's built the same as Emma and is a whopping 30 lbs.

    ReplyDelete