Regarding what I said in my previous post, I love to share because Noelle is adopted meaning that I love to teach people about adoption and the tremendous love, deep, deep love, that you have for an adopted child - even more so in a way I believe than a bio child, even though I don't know about this personally.
These children are born in our hearts - they are wanted - they are yearned for and there is nothing more fulfilling and wonderful than knowing you are giving these children homes they may have never had. I look at Noelle as she is sleeping in my arms and I get so mournful thinking of her life in the orphanage, where she most likely NEVER had someone sit and hold her for hours as she slept or picked her up every time she reached for them or needed comforting. I think of her being abandoned in that dark alley soon after she was born prematurely and it breaks my heart for her. I can't imagine what she will go through someday when that stark realization becomes apparent to her. The same for my darling Emma.
Anyway....that was worded by me wrong in my previous post. Noelle is adopted, but she is not my adopted daughter, she is my daughter.
oh how they grow in our hearts before we ever hold them for the first time!
ReplyDelete