IF YOU WANT TO VIEW AND LISTEN TO A VIDEO THAT I HAVE POSTED, SCROLL DOWN TO THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND PAUSE THE MUSIC ALREADY PLAYING BY CLICKING ON THE STOP BUTTON (TWO VERTICAL LINES).

Friday, March 2, 2012

Emma's Adoption Day

This is adoption day in Vietnam.  I was absolutely terrified - I really had no experience with babies (my sisters were the baby fanatics - I always loved kids when they got older - I just never did well with babies).  We had been told to kind of be stand-offish so as to not scare our child, to warm up to them slowly and let them warm up to us.  I was so afraid Emma would start crying and cry for days (as some adopted children do).  However, she was so young - 7-1/2 months and so weak (the heat made her wilt and she was behind in her motor skills) - she was really in shock I believe - especially when she saw my bigger-than-normal American nose!  She is just staring at it - it is too funny.  We had been told about that also by our agency - that American noses kind of freak the children out at first.  Hee.  Anyway....it is a surreal moment when you are handed a baby/child and told this is "your" child.  Probably like when you give birth - just doesn't seem real.  Honestly sometimes it still does not seem real.  Who knows how Noelle will act but I think Emma will have a huge influence on that and Noelle may not be scared at all but she will go through a huge adjustment period with us, and the bonding and attaching process will be an ongoing thing.   This video seems as if it was just taken yesterday.  Emma was such a beautiful baby and still has those gorgeous eyes.



I made up for the kissing and hugging as soon as we got back to the hotel and have not stopped since!!  So Emma is a real kissy girl now - smacks right on the lips all the time, any time.   :D  Needless to say this time I will not be as afraid and cannot wait to hold Noelle in my arms and hug her cheek to mine and kiss her beautiful little head many times over.  :D


1 comment:

  1. I remember that room and moment all too well. It was wonderful to see you with Emma. xoxox

    ReplyDelete