I have a horrible chest cold and a very hurtful cough. I NEVER get sick - rarely - but of course because of the stress and exhaustion I got what Wayne and Emma are just now getting over. You KNOW that I am not feeling up to snuff when I don't want to share here on the blog - and post more photos. We went to the orphanage yesterday - almost a 3-hour drive one way. Exhausting. And the pollution - OMG. Just horrid. You never see the sun here. Vivian (our adoption agency guide) went with us yesterday and it was a horrible-wonderful day but I will post much more later today. We opted out of the aquarium trip today so we could spend a relaxing day. Emma and Wayne are going to swim in the beautiful indoor pool and I am already looking forward to the nap time with my girls. ;D We want to walk around town tonight and go to the Pizza Hut for dinner and to the local park, but I kid you not when I tell you that the pollution is atrocious. I can hardly talk right now because my throat is so sore and I don't know if it is more from the virus or the pollution. I don't know why the pollution is not talked about more on personal blogs when other families are here. I am an Al Gore convert!!! But I did vote for the guy in my republican:democrate days. Hee.
Gotta get down to the wonderful brunch they have here in the hotel and then it is off to watch them swim.
BTW Noelle is a TOTAL Mommy's girl now and I have 2 girls clinging to me - Emma is very needy of course - that was to be expected. It is a delicate balancing act right now.
I cannot wait to tell you all about seeing the orphanage and the "finding place" of Noelle. I cried pretty much all day. It was emotionally and physically draining. All I know is that Noelle is going to have a MUCH better life in the U.S. (being the arrogant American that I am) and her birth mother obviously wanted that for her also. Noelle is starting to totally "soak" in all the love and attention from her new Mommy. It is truly heartbreaking to see her need but she will get ALL her needs met from now on - and so will Emma.
Have a great evening all!! Hopefully there will be lots of pics and more writing waiting for you tomorrow morning and pardon all the typos, etc. on these posts - I cannot type very well at all on this laptop.
THANK YOU for the good wishes and prayers!!! Jean have you got your baby yet? I am thinking of you guys!!
Prayers and well wishes to all. I am breathless looking at the pictures and feeling the emotion in your faces. Blessings. Hope you feel better, Chris.
ReplyDeleteFeel better Chris!! And yes she will get a better life in the US. I don't think that is being an arrogant American at all. I was told so many times in Vietnam that Lauren would have a better life in America and they were happy for her and us. I think that most people feel that way because the United States is looked upon as a wonderful place to live with endless options. I feel saddened for these children. If they would make it easier on the restrictions so many more children could be adopted. Love you all and have a joyous time getting to know your beautiful daughter!
ReplyDeleteSorry you are not feeling well. I remember how sick I was in Vietnam with 103 and i made it hard to take advantage of anything other than loving our new little one. Love those girls and feel better!
ReplyDelete"It" has happened, that transformation from your dream of loving this child to the reality of parental instincts and fierce protectiveness kicking in to shield her from everything that ever has or ever could cause her pain. I feel so honored to watch it happening.
ReplyDelete