IF YOU WANT TO VIEW AND LISTEN TO A VIDEO THAT I HAVE POSTED, SCROLL DOWN TO THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND PAUSE THE MUSIC ALREADY PLAYING BY CLICKING ON THE STOP BUTTON (TWO VERTICAL LINES).

Thursday, March 15, 2012

No Cold Feet



A week from today we will be in China.  Unbelievable.  I do not have cold feet about the adoption in the least (at this moment anyway - lol) - just cannot wait to get that little girl home and safe with us - in a beautiful, clean soft bed in between Emma and Daddy!   Emma has made it clear that SHE is going to sleep by me and Noelle will sleep by Daddy.  :D  Daddy has been relegated to Emma's twin bed mattress and box springs set up alongside the king bed.  I would rather be near Noelle also, but this is the only way we can do this - as long as we are all breathing in the same air at night and in close proximity, I don't think Noelle has to be right next to me.  I most certainly hope to be rocking her a lot, although Emma who was growing out of being rocked at bedtime, is now all of a sudden saying she wants to be rocked.  It will certainly be interesting to say the least how we will finagle nap time and bedtime with both girls wanting their Mama to rock them - but who knows, Noelle may be a Daddy's girl right off the bat.  I'll try to be okay with that.  lol

We had a conference call yesterday with our adoption agency and the head of our agency who is Chinese borne himself (as well as his beautiful wife) talked at length about how if any of us take small children with us to China, the children may quickly change their minds about a little sister/brother (rare brother from China) when they realize they are not going to get all the attention any more - they will have to share.  Especially if your child has been the "only" and is pampered a bit.  Hello!  ;D  He said that some adoptive parents actually feel as if they have made a mistake because their first child is so distraught over the adoption, but he reminded us that (his words) "long after we are gone, these children will be there for one another."  Exactly. 

I will post our itinerary soon - for now need to get to work at my job.  I know this weekend we will be scrambling, but pretty much everything is getting done that needs to be - pet arrangements made, newspaper deliveries canceled, all paperwork gathered up and put into the proper folders to carry with us and money at-the-ready in crisp hundred dollar bills in our hot little hands.  ;D

It is a moot point to talk about the finances side of adoption but let's just say it ain't small change and we are paying for a service to adopt a child - we are NOT giving money to "buy" a child.    Even with Wayne out of a job and us having to dip into the IRA for some of the expenses, we have moved heaven and earth to get to this little girl in China and nothing anyone has said has dissuaded us - we will find a way with God's help who has preordained these children to be a part of our life on this planet.   Wayne and I know in our hearts that this is the very best thing to do for our nuclear family, for our 2 girls.  We had the opportunity to adopt another one at this point in time and we are very grateful for that.  

I will post a time-line of our itinerary soon.  It is dizzying  in theory to read, so I can imagine how crazy busy we will be once we are living the itinerary out!   Bring it on!!!!  :D :D



3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing Chris. Love the quotes from Joshua about the siblings. Just what I needed to hear as we wait on pins and needles to see if we're in the next batch of referrals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of you so often in my day. I have goose bumps even writing this and each time I think of the emotions you must be feeling. I pray each time I think of you all. Wish I could take care of the animals for you again! Peace my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo excited for all of you, Noelle is coming into a wonderful loving family, and she is saving all of her smiles and laughter for you and daddy and Emma, I promise..this is a very well done journal, love ur thoughts, quotes and music and videos..let me know a good time to mail your gifts.. love you all so much and be safe..

    ReplyDelete