IF YOU WANT TO VIEW AND LISTEN TO A VIDEO THAT I HAVE POSTED, SCROLL DOWN TO THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND PAUSE THE MUSIC ALREADY PLAYING BY CLICKING ON THE STOP BUTTON (TWO VERTICAL LINES).

Friday, March 23, 2012

New Day

Well I did sleep - that is until Emma woke us up at 4 a.m. because she had had a good 12 hours of sleep.  Her cough is really breaking up but still very there.  She seems in good spirits and happy this morning so I think she feels well enough for us to go on the tour today.  Music was playing over loudspeakers a few minutes ago at 6 a.m.  - National Anthem of P.R. China I think (?).  They have a deliious brunch here that is free with the room.  Yesterday I had fresh hawthorne juice and a glass of kiwi juice, some congee and just about anything else I could try.  Tbey have American fare here, also.  The Chinese eat with their mouths open and with a lot of noise - to show they like the food.  Bad table manners are one of my biggest (if not the biggest) pet peeves I have besides people who don't take their shoes off when they come into my home (like my husband) but taking off your shoes when you enter a home in Asia is standard practice as they consider the feet the dirtiest part of the body carrying in all the dust and grime of the world.  We are going to the Forbidden City and Tianneman (sp?) Square today plus one of the older parts of Beijing.  This city is HUGE - monstrous!!  Gotta get going if I want to get some of that delicious brunch.  More tonight.  Cannot wait to get to that sweet girl in Henan Province. 

P.S.  I find Chinese people to be a lot like New Yorkers - very brusk,  busy and always moving but very kind at heart.  The Vietnamese people wear their heart on their sleeves all the time.  Uh oh - can you tell which country I favor maybe??  ;D

6 comments:

  1. I have the same feeling re China re VeitNam. Oh well.
    So so close. Can't wait to check in on you next!
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has Emma had honey before? If so, a daily spoon will hugely improve her cough. Did you go to the zoo? Noise whilst eating? Too funny, but we all have our own customs I guess...I am thinking about how you must be trying to explain all that to Emma! :D. When are you you going to to see your littlest cherub? The excitement must be amazing! Loving reading all about this most important journey. Thank you so much for sharing it with us xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for you and your family. I can't wait to see Noelle in your arms! Blessings, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw the pictures of the zoo....fab!!! Can't wait to see Noelle with Emma! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a great day tour and get some good Chinese food in a smoke-free place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny- don't really agree that the VN wear their heart on their sleeves- but compared to the Chinese they do. Hope you're all getting healthier

    ReplyDelete