IF YOU WANT TO VIEW AND LISTEN TO A VIDEO THAT I HAVE POSTED, SCROLL DOWN TO THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND PAUSE THE MUSIC ALREADY PLAYING BY CLICKING ON THE STOP BUTTON (TWO VERTICAL LINES).

Monday, March 12, 2012

Don't Be Shy

We are busily getting ready - today the suitcases are being opened up and we will start checking off the list as we put things into them!  Only 1-1/2 weeks until we leave!  After recently reading on the internet about Chinese oraphanages and some horrific things that go on (even though "supposedly" they don't go on anymore), I want to get Noelle out of there as quickly as possible.  I do know that her particular orphanage, when it was visited by a family who put a video on You Tube about it (here on my blog - an old post - check it out), that the children in this big room were filling the many cribs and they were all VERY quiet.  That is because they know that it does no good to cry out as their needs will not be met.  We are very prepared with all the skills we have been taught, to regress Noelle back a year and treat her as if she is a helpless tiny baby - to answer her every whimper and cry, to bottle feed her and make lots of eye contact, to massage her with oils (Burt's Bees bottle of oil will be in that suitcase!) - to have lots of skin-on-skin contact, etc. etc. and to just shower her with a lot of love and attention.  That is, IF she will let us - we will not know of course until we get there, what Noelle is going to think of all of this!  Prayers for her, as well as all these children, are greatly appreciated. 

Let me know if you are here on the blog - drop me a "line!"  Comment on photos and  posts!  Don't be shy!

2 comments:

  1. Love reading every word of your posts Chris! Will you share your pack-list?! We'll need all the help we can get when it's finally our turn. What attachment/bonding books would you recommend?
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jean for posting!! :D I will maybe put a post on later with our packing list and books I have read/books I am reading - I also skim the internet for information on orphanage life in China (hard reading let me tell ya) - :( - and on attachment and bonding. Our agency (who I don't want to name on here as they are your agency, too) will provide you with a packing list and since we have already been there and done that, we will be more wise about what we need and don't need. All I know is the main thing we learned from last time is to pack light and there again, the agency has informed us of the need for that many times over. Mainly, so you can bring things you buy back in your suitcases! :D I can't wait until you get your referral Jean!

    ReplyDelete