IF YOU WANT TO VIEW AND LISTEN TO A VIDEO THAT I HAVE POSTED, SCROLL DOWN TO THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND PAUSE THE MUSIC ALREADY PLAYING BY CLICKING ON THE STOP BUTTON (TWO VERTICAL LINES).

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wal-Mart and Streets of Zhengzhou

The nightlife here is pure craziness.  Flash mob dancing, flashing signs everywhere - think Times Square - and people going here and there and everywhere and cars, lots of cars and motorbikes.  Just craziness.  Even though there are stop lights here as opposed to in Hanoi,  don't think just because a light is red and it says you can cross, that someone will stop for you!!  You risk your life literally every time you go out at night.  It is safe in all the other ways - no fear of mugging, etc. 

Even though I know Noelle is most certainly going to have a better life with us than she could have had in an orphanage I still am so sad for her that all she has ever known has been wiped away in a matter of hours.  Bless her heart.  Prayers for this little one very much appreciated.




Chinese Wal-Mart.


They don't have this in the Wal-Mart in Greeley, Colorado!  :D

 Dancing on the streets of Zhengzhou - these people are very social obviously and really love to be with one another and have fun together.


Emma says it all for pretty much our whole family - we feel constantly exhausted.  Living out of suitcases is not fun and truly we are malnourished I think.  :( 



 Our beautiful room here in Zhengzhou.  Pronounced "jung-jo."



 I long for fresh air - this is how it is all the time  - in Beijing and here. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Chris your blog is SO, SO wonderful!!! I've been reading every word enjoying every bit. I'm thinking of you and your family through this amazing journey and the transition with Noelle. You are blessed - what an incredible family you make!!! Hope you get to see Noelle's smile real soon! Definitely keeping all of you in my prayers.Best for the remainder of the trip! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS your friend Nicole's comment about not dividing the love with 2 kiddos but the love doubling ... it's ringing in my ears over and over again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have truly loved all your blogs, all ur pictures of this beautiful journey, this is just amazing how you can share all this, computers and internet is awesome..I "hear" your excitement, I can see your happiness and I do see some exhaustion in your faces !!! but I see lots and lots of love, even from Emma, Noelle is coming around, my heart bleeds for her, like you I wonder what her life has been like b4 this beautiful loved adoption...but she will soon pick up on your love, she will want to play with Emma, she will be laughing just really soon..she is to preoccupied in taking in this new life of hers..love ya, be safe..Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the pictures and learning about the culture. Our Walmart doesn't look like that either :) The picture of Emma on the bed...she looks so mature. Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

    ReplyDelete